I’m running late.
Shocking. I have a dentist
appt at 1. I grab a zip lock bag and literally pour
the rest of my preschoolers lunch into it. We’re taking lunch to go today. I put my 11 week old (Lucy) in her car seat that weighs 80
pounds and we are out the door.
I have not showered.
Heck…I’m not sure that I showered yesterday either. I have not combed my hair. I AM wearing a bra and I DID brush my
teeth…so I have that going for me.
I get to my dentists office and lug my car seat, my baby, my
preschooler, and my gigantic diaper bag inside. While in the waiting room I hand my daughter the remains of
her lunch and watch her dig around in the Ziploc bag full of peanut butter sandwich
and cheese.
The dental tech calls me back and we get situated to clean
my teeth. The baby is immediately
crying and Grace is letting me know that she HAS A HANGNAIL AND ITS GOT PEANUTBUTTER
IN IT…CAN YOU GET IT MAMA?!!!!
“Play with my phone Grace” …I watch in horror as she smears
peanut butter and cheese all over my iphone. But she becomes quiet.
I am now feeding the baby (Lucy) under a nursing cover while
reclined in the dentist’s chair with my mouth wide open as the tech cleans my
teeth. I think this is the point
where my peanut butter covered child thought it would be fun to jump on my leg
and pretend it was a horse.
They cleaned my teeth for about an hour while all this was
going on. And no cavities!!!
When we were finished I gathered up my kids, made sure that
my boobs were inside my shirt, and literally ran (or hobbled with stupid dumb
car seat) out the door.

No comments:
Post a Comment