I have been trying to answer this question now for about the last 26 years. I’m not like one of those people that wanted to be a doctor as a kid and then became a doctor as an adult. When I was 8 I wanted to either hunt dinosaurs or become a rock star and learn how to fly. Much to my disappointment dinosaurs are extinct, I’m still not a rock star and I have finally excepted the fact that I can run as much as I want, as fast as I can and my ass is never going to take flight.
I wonder at what point is it that people stop dreaming about becoming great adventurers and movie stars and settle for things like "guy that drives a delivery van" or "girl in cubicle number 7".
I will be graduating in 294 days and then what do I do?
I heard somewhere that, "Life is what happens when you are making other plans". When I think about people I don’t define them by what they do but rather by who they are. Maybe instead of dreaming about having this phenomenal occupation for now I can just work on becoming a phenomenal person.
No comments:
Post a Comment