I don't know if anyone else knows about this or not but Craigslist is phenomenal. It is this World wide classified ad website. Some genius came up with this idea…probably some guy named Craig.
So good old Springfield, MO has its own section and I am on there everyday looking at people's stuff they are selling, jobs, real estate….everything. I have almost sold a house using the free advertising section twice...too bad the people didn't actually buy the house and too bad there was a python hiding inside the stove (refer to previous blog).
I have found a few ads that are just funny as hell so I thought I would share them with everyone.
This was posted under the Ride Share section:
Young punk couple offering a ride to California on our short bus:
"We're two travelers currently riding in a very short shortbus converted to run on waste vegetable oil. We're interested in radical politics, music-making, vegan/freeganism, and making trash as large a part of our diet as we possibly can. If you've been stuck in Springfield a while, let this be your ticket out! Our dates are flexible depending on how desperately you need to get out, but it looks like we'd like to roll out May 10-ish. If you like folk punk, jewelry making, roving like gypsies, dumpster doughnuts, etc. drop us a line. And if you don't, still drop us a line and we'll see if you can be persuaded."
Hmmm…..Alright "young punk couple" good luck with that and I would love to know how it turns out and I really would love to take a ride in your short bus.
I found this next ad under the sporting goods section:
Life-size African Lioness - $9000
"I have a life-size African Lioness mount. This beautiful animal received 3rd place at Missouri and Kansas Taxidermy Association Competitions.
She is in the stalking position with an authentic looking habitat on an oak base.
The perfect piece of wildlife art for your trophy room. Very few people would have one of these. Quite a conversation piece."
I can just see someone walking into my tiny ass apartment and right there in the middle of the living room is my glorious life-size African Lioness mount in 'stalking position'. I could tell my guests, "There is our new TV and this is my African Lioness, Bessie"
I found this one in the missed connections section:
"I MET YOU IN MY R.V."
You people should really read this stuff!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment