I woke up at 4:00 am on a Saturday for probably the third time in my life to prepare for the big moving garage sale. The sun was not up and I had these crazy people swarming around my old stuff strewn across the front lawn.
Almost everything was GONE by noon. I had one lady knock on my door at 2pm just to see if I had anything left, apparently she missed the SOLD OUT sign I taped to the garage door.
Part of me thinks that aliens beam themselves down to earth on the weekends; they take on human form and collect all of our junk to study us. I had a "man" give me $1.00 for an old compass that might as well have come out of a cereal box.
Finally all of my stuff is gone! Now comes the fun MOVING part.
Most people label their boxes "Fragile". I use more descriptive words like, "If you break this you will sleep on the couch tonight" or " Honey just throw this stuff away we don't need to take it with us".
The poor dog is so confused. He just keeps pacing the house wondering what's going on and why I removed his favorite play toys from the backyard (An old Doc Martin Boot and the broom).
Is this over yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment