Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Next Time I'm Calling the Cops

Yesterday morning I was jogging down National and a group of guys drove by me, screaming at me out of their car windows, "SLUT!" I'm not sure whose definition of slut they were using. Jogging down the street in no-make-up and covered in sweat and dead gnats is not slutty. In fact, not at all.


Just because I am wearing a sports bra does not mean I am a whore. I am not wearing my sports bra to church; I am not wearing my sports bra and standing on a street corner handing out BJ's. I am wearing my sports bra because it is freaking 90 degrees outside and humid as hell and I would rather not run six miles wearing a sweatshirt.


The reason I am jogging down a busy street is because it is busy. Not because I am a tramp. If I wanted to get kidnapped I would run in some sort of desolate area. They make episodes of 20/20 and 48hrs about this stuff.


This is not the first time I have had a problem with stupid people harassing me mid-run. I have had people scream obscenities at me like, Bitch, Hoe, Whore, Tramp, and sometimes people just like to scream. What is wrong with these people? Do they have nothing better to do with their lives than to yell obscenities at joggers?


I am super pissed off about this. I take my running pretty seriously. That is MY TIME. I use my morning run to center myself, meditate, and get ready for my day. And when some dick burger screams stupid shit out his window at me…it screws up my whole system.


Those rude pricks had better watch out because next time someone messes up my run I am getting their license plate number and calling the cops.

1 comment:

Freestyle said...

Bravo Amy.

I have always wondered about the adolescent mentality involved in heckling or hurling insults at young women who are just going about their business.

I think it has a lot to do with pent up frustrations on their part directed at what they perceive to be easy targets. It really just displays their own weakness, fears of inadequacy and immaturity.

I know that has to drive you crazy but if you can take it for the stupidity it is maybe you can just shrug it off. Course...I'm pretty militant myself...

Got a slingshot?