One of our sub-contractors agreed to come to the office and install a fan in the office bathroom…sounds simple enough right?
Well, I don't want to name any names or dog on anyone too badly, but this guy kind of reminded me of Andre The Giant. Andre and his little buddy with a tool box arrived at the office. I showed them to the bathroom and they got to work.
About thirty minutes later they are all done, the little guy with the toolbox starts hauling all their gear out to their vehicle. Andre is still in the bathroom.
A few minutes later he hands me the bill…$280.00!!! To install a fan, come on now. After they leave I go back to inspect the fan, I figure this thing had better be some kind of space-age clap-on, clap-off super fan for $280.00.
No, are you kidding me? Yes he did! Andre The Giant took a poop in the bathroom before he left and it smelled of dead rodents and moldy cheese! He tried to light some matches to cover up the smell, but he would have needed a fan powered by jet fuel and like five boxes of matches.
I don't care who you are, but you don't walk into someone's office and poop in their bathroom, especially on a job call. Does the plumber fix the toilet and then take a big deuce?
Note to everyone: Things not to do one the job: Overcharge, then leave a turd.
No comments:
Post a Comment